"My check liver light went on. It must be time for a fall detox."
A Note From Karen
I am busy putting on the final touces for the start of Revitalize Your Health Detox on Oct 1. This is my first online group program. I know there is always glitches, but I am trying to ensure it all goes well. I have always been about excellent customer service, and I want to provide the best experience I can for those already enrolled....thank you, and for those who will still enroll. Early bird rate ends tonight, Sept 16, but you have until Sept 30 to join at the regular price.
I would love to hear if you have ever participated in a group detox before? If so, what was the positive result you saw for your body or mind? Comment here.
Mini Detox Methods
Completing a short or long detox to help support your body's natural detox methods can be rejuvenating to your body. It feels good to be only feeding your body, healthy nourishing foods for a short period of time. But it isn't for everyone, all the time. There are a few things you could be doing to assist your body on a smaller scale throughout the year.
1. Reduce the amount of sugar and processed foods you eat. Your body has to work extra hard to handle the processed foods that are full of simple sugars and carbs. Just be reducing the amount, your body has less to handle.
2. Consider eating fruits high in Vitamin C or adding a Vitamin C supplement to your daily regime. It helps your body produce glutathione, a liver compound that helps drive away toxins.
3. Mind your colon. Eating plenty of fiber, drinking plenty of water, and eating healthy fats can all help your digestive system move the foods through your system, use what it needs, and eliminate the rest. When you are constipated your system has to work harder to clean out the toxins since some of the "junk" that is sitting in your large intestine gets reabsorbed, and it has to be sent back to the live to detox again.
4. Sweat. Exercising hard enough so you sweat eliminates toxins through your skin. Your skin is your largest organ. Allowing it to sweat to excrete the toxins can help it do its job. You can also find an infrared sauna which draws out the toxins in your body through the skin.
5. Eliminate fragrances and air fresheners in your house. Those fragrances and fresheners contain chemicals not beneficial to your body. Just as your skin releases toxins, it will also absorb toxins in the air. One small step is to eliminate those chemicals in your home that you can.
Start small and find little ways to assist your body in doing its job to eliminate toxins, so it can balance and support you.
Consider switching to a natural way to purify the air in your home. I recently added Moso Natural Air Purifying Bags
to my home. I have only had them for a month, but I am noticing the air has a cleaner smell in my laundry room and my mudroom where I am trying them out. I plan to purchase a few more.
You May Have Missed...
Did you miss these posts on the Inner Savvy Blog?
8 Steps to Dry Skin Brushing Your Body
Chronic Inflammation: Support Your Body with a Detox
What's Happening Includes a link to a Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake
Why is a Fall Detox Healthy? Learn more about the importance of a fall detox.
Want to be part of a healthy community with conversations to motivate and inspire you? Join the growing Savvy Circle Facebook group where we discuss a different health topic every day. Receive a free 7 Day Low Sugar Smoothie Challenge when you join.